Monday, April 4, 2011

Rue Cler

We stayed in a small hotel (Grand Hotel Leveque) on a cobble stoned street called Rue Cler in the 7th Arrondissement (district) in Paris, just a couple of minutes walk from the Eiffel Tower and River Seine.  The street was blocked to vehicular traffic and was essentially an open market each day we were there.  The shops opened up very early each morning, and most stayed open well after dark.  There were cheese shops, wine shops, vegetable and fruit stands, a butcher, a fish monger, shoe stores, pastry shops, a perfume shop, and several cafes.  Here are a few photos trying to capture the flavor of the street.



























3 comments:

  1. I want to go to France!!!~ This looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the gorgeous pictures. i have a question: where do I go to exchange Euros?

    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to post these great pictures of your trip. I too take pictures of my meals when I travel and may I say your dinner looked delicious. I leave for Paris a week after tomorrow and I will try to find Leo le Lion...your recommendation.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete